Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I Will; I will, I will, I will!"

It hasn't escaped the Senators from Vermont that this little slice of New England was, well, not to be bragging or anything .. but heck, we were first to be declared for Obama!

Check out this quote from Leahy:
Leahy, asked at the news conference if he would invite Obama to visit Vermont, beamed and exclaimed, “Yes, I will; yes, I will; I will, I will, I will!”
Wow. Just check out the punctuation (love this combo of semicolons and serial commas -- great stuff) and how his enthusiasm jumps off the page.

And from Bernie:
“I was just extremely happy to see that the first state in the country up there on the TV screen for Obama was the state of Vermont,” said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
Wait - now what was that Obama said about earmarks? And how about just a little pork - a few slices of bacon, please?